The Electric Motor Vehicle Company is proud to be involved in a world first by introducing the Lithium Ion all electric UTV. This is the same power source that is used in all electric cars.
“ We have teamed up with HISUN who are world’s fastest growing UTV brand and now represented in over 50 countries. Designed and engineered in a state -of -the art premises in McKinney, Texas and manufactured in China in a 160,000 sq.m. facility the Hisun Lithium Ion battery powered bikes offer everything a farmer would desire “ says Alex de Boer , Managing Director of TEMVC.
* No fuel bill. Electric charging can be done on a 15 amp single phase plug. The battery likes being charged and can be plugged in whenever the machine is not in use.
* Reduce your farm carbon footprint. This is a requirement to get your Resource Consent. One UTV can save over 10,000 kg of CO2 per annum. It might mean you do not need to lower stock numbers.
* Will climb 31 degree slopes.
* Very quiet. Keep stock calm. Great for hunting.
* Very few moving parts so maintenance costs are very low. This also means less downtime and having the vehicle out of use. The battery needs no maintenance. Battery life depends on the number of complete charge cycles. In cars this is at least 5000 cycles so it should be similar with these bikes. Battery costs are constantly coming down and the battery technology is constantly improving.
* Range can be up to 120km depending on how hard it is driven and the terrain. Topping up the battery during lunch and other work breaks could overcome any concerns here.
* There are 3 driving speeds—max range, high, and low. There is no gear lever or clutch. Max speed is 45 km/hr.
* A 1500 kg electric winch is standard.
* There is front wheel diff lock in 4WD mode.The bike can also operate in 2WD to extend the range.
* All switches are dash mounted and electronic.
* A tow fitting is provided with a towing capacity of 680kg.
* There is a rear tilt tray with a load capacity of approximately 230kg.
* There are ventilated hydraulic disc brakes on all 4 wheels.
* The UTV has 4 wheel independent suspension which is nitrogen assisted and has many dampening options
* Fitted with a cigarette type electric plug and also A USB connection.
* The UTV could be adapted to power electric tools.
* As the bike is so quiet there is no need to wear ear muffs and a sound system could be fitted.
* There are 18.8 HP, 25.5 HP, and 50 HP drive options.
* Electric motors generate amazing torque so acceleration is instant with no grinding through gears necessary.
All this is available at a price similar to the larger petrol and diesel UTVs from other suppliers . When this is coupled with all the above features and the savings in fuel and maintenance and complying with CO2 emission requirements it is really a great purchase option.
“ We have stock available “ says Mr de Boer.